To fight off cabin fever during our heavy snow Darren and I got productive in the kitchen! I have been dying to try out our brand new kitchen aid mixer and Saturday was the perfect opportunity.
I decided that I would get really creative (well by my standards) and make Banana Nut Bread from scratch! I have never made anything like this unless it comes in a box...I was very nervous! Well let me tell you that this mixer is AMAZING! I am not even kidding, I feel like it made the banana bread by itself! I was amazed by the power of this thing...it is my new favorite toy! Darren decided to take a nap while I made the bread which got me nervous. What if I didn't do something right? He is normally right behind me making sure I am doing everything correctly (annoying, but often useful). Well, IT WAS A SUCCESS!
Since I made the yummy bread Darren made us some DELICIOUS stew! OMG! It was probably the best stew I have ever tasted! Good job babe!
I would say we had a very successful weekend of cooking/baking! It was really fun and a change from what we normally do. I think I am going to make a habit out of baking but I need to make sure to not make a habit out of eating! I think I will try carrot cookies out next! Stay tuned!
I have to leave you with a sweet picture of precious Ringo napping!

okay I need both recipes please :) and ps was this after your trip to mcdonalds? :) (cups!) and ringo is PRESH!
ReplyDeleteThose both look so good! Yum!
ReplyDeleteKelly you would say something about the cups! We had so breakfast! I almost didn't post that picture because of those stupid cups!!!!!
ReplyDelete