Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Honeymoon

So blogging about your honeymoon is no easy task. It is truly hard to pick out the best things to talk about! Luckily my sweet sister-in-law got me a journal to keep track of all the fun things we did while we were there. In that I literally wrote down EVERYTHING we did. Here I will just give you some of the highlights.

Darren and I woke up the morning after the wedding at about 6ish...we were completely EXHAUSTED! We were so wired after the wedding that we didn't fall asleep until at least 2! So we got up, got our stuff together, and headed to the airport! I thought Darren was going to make me wait but when we got on the plane he told me our final destination! We were going to Playa Mujeras. See picture below :)



Our flight arrived into Cancun and we had about a 30 minute car ride to our resort. The first thing our driver did was offer us a beer. We politely declined, and he popped the top on 2 bottles! Look how funny this sign is in the vehicle!



Our hotel was absolutely amazing! Darren surprised me with a rooftop room! So basically our room had a staircase that led up to the roof. On the roof we had 2 beds and our own little cool down pool. It was absolutely AMAZING! Of course I started crying because I thought it was all so perfect and that Darren was so sweet to do all of this for me! Well here are a few pictures of the room...





Here was the just of our honeymoon-Eat, sleep, relax, and layout. That was it. IT WAS PERFECT. We would nap almost everyday on our rooftop and stuff our faces. We pretty much had the time of our lives. We only left the resort once to swim with the dolphins :) I loved it!



Since that was the only time we left the resort, we didn't make it home with many souvenirs. Let me correct that, we only made it home with one souvenir! One day it was a little rainy so Darren and I decided to paint a platter. I thought we did pretty good! We make a great team :)



The resort provided activities each night. The only ones we made it to were the casino night and the Michael Jackson tribute. Don't worry, I had to DRAG Darren to Michael Jackson...it was so fun!





Here are some pictures of us around the resort and on our rooftop!








On our last day we decided to splurge and go to the spa for a couples massage. It was so great because before the massage we got to do an hour of hydrotherapy. I LOVED IT! We went around the pool to different jets that worked on your neck and back. We also tried out a couple different saunas. The message was so wonderful. I FELL ASLEEP AT THE END! Darren was like "Tamara, wake up!" hehehe!

All in all we had the most AMAZING PERFECT WONDERFUL honeymoon I could have ever asked for. I have the best husband in the world and I feel so lucky!

1 comment:

  1. can i go back there please?! HEAVEN ON EARTH TAM! i'm so glad it was so perfect for you :)

    ReplyDelete