Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ringo Lasley: We Must Be Crazy!

So I am sure all of you know I have an obsession with my dog Gidget, and weenie dogs in general. Well Friday night we went over to Tim and Amy's house and brought Gidget along to play. She has so much fun when she is around other dogs and their lab and maltese are no exception. So I decided she MUST have a friend at home to play with. Darren and I have talked about this before but I though he would never let me get another dog. He hates that I am so attached to Gidget and never want to leave her, I think he thought I would be worse with two! But, in my head, I wouldn't feel AS bad leaving them if they had each other to play with. Well, I think Amy was a big help because she was working on him with me and he said "well let's go get one tomorrow!" YAYAYAYAYAYA! Then he gave me the conditions. Booo. He said if we get another one we have to get a Jack Russell or a Boston Terrier. Blah. Ok well this was a baby step. I think Jack Russells are SUPER cute so we looked some up online and Amy even called on them. I kind of dropped it after that since we were with our friends and were playing games.

Then next morning when we woke up Darren asked me what I wanted to do for the day. I just said "uhhhhhhhhhhh...I dunno". So then we started talking about getting a puppy again. I just told him that I had heard Jack Russells were super hyper and that made me nervous since Gidget is literally the laziest dog in the world. What would I do with a dog with so much energy? So we decided to do some research. After reading a couple of sites on Jack Russells we decided that although they are the cutest little dogs, they may not be for us. Besides being know for acting SUPER HYPER they are also not the most tolerant around kids. That was the kicker. Gidget is AMAZING around kids! My niece tries to pull her head off and she just lays there. So then Darren said the words I thought I would NEVER hear "well maybe we could look at the weenie dogs they have listed." This was a complete SHOCK to me because Darren thinks that weenie dogs are so stupid! Hahaha! So I jumped all over this and we started calling places IMMEDIATELY. I was scared he was going to change his mind! The even funnier part of this story is that I wanted a boy and Darren wanted a girl. I wanted a red one and Darren really just wanted to stick with black like Gidget. We ended up with a red male :) This is not because I am a brat...but that really was what they had! I just got lucky!

When we talked to the lady that we decided to buy from she had 2 red males so we told her to bring both so we could pick. We packed Gidget up (we thought she could help us decide) and headed to Ada.

When we got there and the lady pulled out both of the puppies I immediately knew which one I wanted. He was so stinking cute I couldn't take my eyes off of him! But I did feel sad for the other puppy. I know they will find him a good home though!

Riding home

Gidget wouldn't even look at me on the way home!

Checking out my new crate


It took Gidget a while to come around...but I think she is starting to like Ringo! They started playing which is super cute. Gidget gets a little rough with him but he will learn to take her down soon enough.

Sleepy babies
I am so glad my sweet husband likes to let me have my way because I love both of my babies!

2 comments:

  1. I'm dying... I WISH I COULD HOLD THE LIL BOOGER! omg this is awesome! :) you will feel SO MUCH BETTER! having 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute! Your family and their weenie dogs crack me up!

    ReplyDelete