Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Poor Gidget!

Yesterday was the big day, we finally had Gidget fixed! Besides getting fixed we also had her "doggie thumbs" taken out because they were constantly getting caught on things. We woke up super early in the morning and I dropped Gidget off at my mom's house before I went to work.

Here she is before we left


My mom dropped her off at Dr. Boyer's office (AKA THE BEST VET EVER!) at 8 a.m. and I was about to go pick her up when I got off work. When the receptionist brought her out to me she almost leaped out of the girl's arms! Apparently she was very calm until she saw me...little cutie!

Yesterday this dog was PITIFUL! She was extremely groggy and on medication. She was shaking like she was scared, and worst of all she had little casts on her feet. When we got home we decide to just take it easy! I kept her in her bed most of the time but let her lay with me some. I was really nervous that I was going to hurt her though! Darren had to work super late last night and I was teasing him saying I felt like a single mom! He left me with a sick puppy!

Here are a few of her sad sad pictures!





I went to see her at lunch today and she was still pretty upset to be wearing "the cone". I tried to take it off of her and she immediately started licking at her wounds. BACK ON IT WENT! I will let her keep it off tonight when I can keep a closer eye on her. The good thing was that she seemed pretty spunky. The doctor's said she could get back to her normal "exercise" tomorrow. How do you keep a dog from doing their normal exercise? Oh well! I can't wait to go home and take care of her! Let's just hope that Darren doesn't have to work late again!

1 comment: