Monday, January 11, 2010

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

So yesterday was Darren and I's one year anniversary! I can't believe it was only one year ago that I met the love of my life! For all of you who don't know the story of Darren and I we were set up on a blind date. My best friend McKenzie used to work with his best friend Tim at On the Boarder. Well they both have a mutual friend named John. So Tim, John, and McKenzie all schemed to set up this blind date. I don't know if any of you have ever been on a blinde date before, but they are AWFUL. I have only been on one other blind date (no need to go into details), and it ended with me texting a friend telling the to text me something to get me out of it! So, needless to say, I was not too excited to go on this date. But, I had to think if my BEST FRIEND would set me up with this person, it may actually work out!

Well, our first "date" was on Saturday, February 10th, 2009. We met at Starbucks! I was soooo nervous! We met at 2:00 and talked for 3 hours! I guess there is just a lot to talk about when you meet someone for the first time! The entire time I was very nervous but he was just sooo sweet and easy to talk to! After 3 hours I guess Darren got hungry and decided I was worthy of dinner. We headed over to Charleston's to continue our date. We sat there and ate dinner and talked for about an hour longer. After this I think we both decided we were EXHAUSTED and it was time to end our meeting. Darren got my number and we parted ways.

I didn't tell ANYONE about this blind date except for my very closest friend (I didn't even tell my sister!). So after I made my calls to tell everyone about it and inform everyone that this blind date was not a dud at all!

The next day I anxiously awaited my call...NOTHING! I was so disappointed! I thought I would for sure get a call because we hit it off so well! I just told myself that we talked so much on Saturday that maybe he ran out of stuff to talk about and he wanted to wait a few days (such a girl I am to make up excuses!). Well Monday came and I got my call! He said his sister-in-law told him he should wait 3 days to call me but he decided 1 was enough...I would have given up hope after 2!

Well this has been a whirl wind romance in my book! We were at dinner on Friday night and realized that we have basically spent every available second together since we started dating...I LOVE IT! Darren is truly my best friend in the whole wide world. I love him so much and feel so blessed for the last year of my life!

I will leave you with a few of our engagement pictures in which we paid tribute to our first date at Starbucks!





1 comment:

  1. my heart and my face is smiling so much Tam- God really blessed you both and ya'll make me SO HAPPY! :)

    ReplyDelete