Wednesday, October 6, 2010

OU/TX

I work at this wonderful place called SandRidge Energy. Love it! One the perks of working at a large company is that they give away tickets to EVERYTHING. Musicals, basketball games, concerts, you name it. Every time there is a give away I always enter my name in the drawing...NOTHING. I never win ANYTHING! Well when the email came out that they were giving away 2 sets of OU/TX tickets AND $250 I entered as usual. Much to my surprise I got a call on Thursday morning say I had won! WHAT?!?! I was shocked! I honestly forgot I even entered that drawing! Of course I called Darren right away and he didn't answer for an hour! GRRRR! Well I called my sister-in-law, Marnie, and asked her if she minded if we stayed with her for the weekend. Poor girl, she had a FULL HOUSE and of course still let us stay with her. Love my sister-in-law :)
Darren and I both left work at 3:00 on Friday to go home and pack and get ready. We made it on the road at about 5:45. Much to our surprise there was NO traffic on the way down there. I guess everyone else left that morning. We got in at 9:00 and we had made 2 stops! Crazy!
Saturday morning we all got up and headed to the fair. This was like nothing I have ever experienced before. I have been down to Dallas for OU/TX but have never been into the fair or the game. It made all the difference in the world! I am not usually a fan of the OU/TX scene but this year we had so much fun! I am so glad we decided to go! Here are some pictures from our wonderful day!

Getting ready to catch the Tram.

He clearly refused to cooperate.
Pretty Katie :)


Marn and Big Tex!






1 comment: