Friday, September 24, 2010

Running Update

Wow...so I dropped the running bomb on you quiet a while ago and then just left you hanging! Let me give you all a little update as to where I am at. Yes, I am still running! Woo hoo! For me this is a MIRACLE! I have actually started lifting weights with the SandRidge trainer 2 days a week as well. I am loving the feeling of lifting and being sore...but I think it is taking a tole on my running. I was running every day so it was getting a lot easier. Now I am running every other day and it is making it a little more difficult. It will all come together soon...I just have to be patient! Right now I am running 4 minutes walking 1 minute (sometimes I have to walk 2!) and going for 3 miles. I am at about a 35 minute pace so I need to shave some time off! One thing that I think is going to be difficult for me is getting used to running outside. Right now I do everything on the treadmill. It is so much harder to run outside! Ugh! Well, I better get used to it because on October 9th I am running the Race for the Cure 5k! Who am I?! I remember when I used to have to go to this thing with Pi Phi and right when the race would start I would sneak off and go back to my car to go home!!!! Sad but true! Well I guess this time I am going to try to make up for all those runs I missed!

I have to give a shout out to my friend Kelly again! She just ran her 2nd half marathon and is about to run another in October. She is amazing and is definitely my inspiration! She loves to tell everyone that she couldn't even run a mile when she started! Look at her now! I love you Kelly!

The weather is starting to get nicer and running outside will be much better! Get off the couch and go for a run...you might just get inspired :)

3 comments:

  1. Tam, I am sooo proud of you! I have to admit I laughed when you first said you were running, I mean I don't know if I've ever seen you "run", haha! I wish I could run with you on the 9th since I'll be home, but that's the day of the shower. Maybe we can do a 10K when I move back? That's my next goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just remembered a time I saw you run...it involved you late for a test and me pulled over, haha! Remember that day?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! I do remember that day! I don't think I have ever run so fast in my life! And once I got to class I could hardly pay attention because I was so out of breath...so sad! I can't wait until your shower! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete