Anyone who knows me knows that I HATE running! Pretty much the only way to get me to run is to chase me...or maybe have a really big clothing sale...I may run to that! Well, the past month I have been trying to watch what I am eating and maybe get a little exercise too! The wonderful thing about working at SandRidge is that we have a really nice gym and I can work out on my lunch break. So, I have been dragging my co-worker Ashlei down with me a couple times a week. It makes things much easier when someone else is being tortured with you! I have been "toying" with running on the treadmill and mostly do the walk/run method. Walk 2 minutes, run 2 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 1 minutes, blah blah blah. I was starting to get the hang of that and thought...maybe I can run a mile! This may not sound like a lot to you in shape people out there but to me this is CRAZY! Well, today I DID IT!
So now I have this funny idea in my head. Maybe, just maybe, I could become one of those runners. My friend Kelly has been so inspiring lately. Every time I check her facebook status she always has a new update about how many miles she ran that day. I am not kidding you it blows me away every time I see it! Kelly was never really a runner until she trained for her first 1/2 marathon last year. She is currently training for another one right now and I just think it is so inspiring. So I had a thought...Could I run a 1/2 marathon? MAYBE! So I decided to plant the seed in Ashlei's head today (there is no way I could do this ALONE!). Guess what...SHE'S IN! So we are going to do it! We are going to start getting really used to the whole running thing for the next couple months, then mid-December we are going to start training for the Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon! HOLY COW!
Now I think I am being pretty bold by making this post this early on! I am really good a quitting things and I really don't want to quit this! So all you readers need to hold me accountable! Tell me to run run run!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I AM HOLDING YOU ACCOUNTABLE GIRLY!!! :) and you are SWEET and I'm really glad that I CAN be an inspiration... tam you LITERALLY have to rememeber when I ran a mile the first time I could basically taste blood in the back of my throat!!! LOL it was pathetic. I remember one time I was supposed to run 3 and I COULDN'T w/o stopping and I came home bawling to T.J. about how I wasn't a runner ;) but PUTTING your shoes on and taking those steps... THAT makes you a runner! You CAN and WILL do this. So glad you have Ashlei to help you out and you help her out!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU FOR RUNNING A MILE!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DIDN'T TELL ME!!! See you are already so ahead of the game, some people can't even run for ONE MINUTE straight girl!!! love you!
ReplyDelete