Thursday, July 1, 2010

In loving memory of GRANDMA DEMO

On June 16, 2010 I lost my first immediate family member. My Grandma Demo passed away that morning at about 8:00 A.M. I am so thankful that my entire family made the trip to Hutchinson, Kansas to see her just 4 days before. When we went to visit her I was honestly bracing my self for the worst. I had been warned by my family that she wasn't doing well at all and she probably wouldn't know who I was. Much to my surprise she was completely alert and aware! The first thing she asked me was if I was being a good house wife! Haha! Gotta love her! It was so great to spend time with her. She asked me how my married life was going and if I had been cooking, etc. I got to tell her the funny story of my attempt to make her famous CARROT COOKIES! How was I supposed to know there is a difference between baking powder and baking soda?!?! I think she found me quiet entertaining that day :) When we headed back to Oklahoma after visiting her I honestly did not think that was the last time I was going to see my grandma. I thought she had many many more months in her. But Jamey warned me that he thought she was holding on until we all got to say goodbye to her. And that was exactly the case. How sweet of her to wait for us all to get to see her one last time! I know she was suffering and was completely ready to go. She even told my aunt that she was ready to go to her Heavenly Home. And that is exactly where she is looking over me right now!

Grandma's funeral was beautiful! There was a slide show and TONS of pictures of her with her family. I love seeing old pictures! She was so beautiful! That day was really hard...

There was one thing that my mom told me that really just made me love my grandma more than ever. My grandma's friend went up to my mother and was giving her sympathy. She told my mom that my Grandma Demo had told her a while ago that she really just wanted to "hold on" until I got married. She wanted to make sure that she got to see me marry a really nice man! Wow... Even though my grandma didn't get to make it to my wedding she stuck around to know that I was taken care of. The last day I saw her I took her my wedding video to watch :)

I loved my Grandma Demo so much and will miss her! I hope I grow to be a wonderful woman just like her!
Mary Lodema Wright
Me and Grandma Demo

Our Last Christmas together

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Tam. Pretty sure you made me cry sitting here at my desk. So sorry for your loss. Hope to see y'all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that post was beautiful. I thank the Lord everyday for grandparents, they are such a wonderful part of our lives. Sounds like your grandma was VERY proud of you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete